Safety is Priority
Safety is Priority
- Health screening — Staff/client temperature and oxygen saturation is checked for normalcy prior to each shift/appointment. Optimal temperature is 98.6, normal is 97.6 to 99.1. Optimal oxygen saturation is 98-100, normal is 94 to 100. If your oxygen saturation is 90 or below you could possibly be anemic, or have some other health condition so we will suggest a nutrition appointment and/or that you check with your primary healthcare provider.
- We love to see your smile, but if you are not feeling well it is your body’s way of telling you that rest is needed, so please stay home if that is the case. We look forward to seeing you as soon as you’re feeling well.
- As always, water, touch-less soap and paper towel dispensers are available. Hand washing is encouraged, and surfaces and door handles are cleaned regularly.
MASK WEARING IS NOT A LAW
Suggested requirements, recommendations or guidelines are not laws. There is no law in California that anyone must wear a mask. In fact, there are many exceptions to the recommendation for good reason.
Several health considerations should be made prior to wearing a mask that could negatively affect your health, and wearing a mask does not protect against a virus.
We care about your health and have a responsibility to do our best as health professionals to adhere to proven health practices and laws.
- By Law, a licensed medical professional is the only person qualified to perform the necessary, and appropriate, cardio-respiratory tests to determine mask safety and to give the medical advice to wear a mask.
- Practicing medicine without performing proper individual testing, and without a license is an offense punishable by law.
- Due to various known risks of mask wearing to the cardio-respiratory system, neurological, immune and general organ systems associated with mask wearing, ie: reduced oxygen flow, increased carbon dioxide, increased incidence of headaches, increased light-headedness, confusion, potential mask fiber and detergent/chemical inhalation, promotion of bacteria imbalance (acne, etc), increased incidence of illness etc, etc, masks are not required.
- In accordance with HIPPA laws, and CA Civil Code 51.7, whether you are wearing a mask or not we will not ask why, and you will receive the same level of service we strive to provide everyone with. Additionally, if you are wearing a mask and show signs of hypoxia, or are participating in physical exercise, we may ask that you remove the mask for your safety.
- Also in accordance with HIPPA laws, and CA Civil Code 51.7, we will not ask for your vaccination status. If you have received a COVID-19 vaccination, please allow three full weeks quarantine before coming in. HIPPA = your health history is private and should remain that way. CDC, WHO or any other “guidelines” MUST be scientifically validated for recognition. Thank you for helping us to serve all patrons equally.
Additional Mask-Wearing Exemptions by the Governor
- Children younger than two years old must not wear a face covering due to risk of suffocation.
- Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering. This includes those with medical conditions for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or, or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
- Those who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, as the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Those for whom wearing a face covering would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
To elaborate, if you have any kind of circulatory, blood pressure, cardiovascular, asthmatic, or lung condition, you should not be wearing a mask. Masks are very helpful to reduce or prevent inhilation of large, visible particles such as dust, smoke or pollens and do not protect from microscopic particles such as viruses of any kind.
Please contact us if you have any more detailed questions, concerns or need any special accommodations.
We are happy to help.
ALL OF OUR SERVICES AND APPOINTMENT TYPES ARE AVAILABLE.
(Both in-person and virtually.)